How to block SBI ATM Debit Card
How to block SBI ATM Debit Card: You will be knowing about different ways of blocking of a State Bank of India (SBI) ATM card. This post will help you to know more about blocking procedure of SBI ATM. Read the post completely to know the ways of blocking the SBI ATM card. The State Bank of India is providing different ways for blocking the ATM card of an SBI. The State Bank of India (SBI) is presently providing the ATM cards such as Master card, VISA card, Platinum Debit card, etc.
The ATM card can be used for making the cash withdrawal at any time. It can also be used in making the online shopping, recharge, booking movie, bus tickets, etc. A large number of benefits can be availed using the ATM card which saves a large amount of time for the customer. The user of the ATM must also be careful in making the transactions. The user must report to the SBI immediately if the user had lost the card or it had been theft by someone. The ATM card must be blocked as soon as possible by the SBI and stop the transactions happening with the card.
How to block the SBI (State Bank of India) ATM card
The Customer of State Bank of India will be provided an ATM on the request of the customer. The money withdrawal is very easy using the ATM card. 24×7 the money be withdrawal using the SBI ATM centers. In case of the loss of an ATM card, the customer must call the Customer care of the State Bank of India and request for the blocking of the ATM card. The Customer care operator will ask for the account number or the ATM card number. But, never asks for the PIN number. So, never share ATM PIN number with any of the strangers on a cal. SBI never asks for the PIN of your ATM number.
After the blocking of the ATM card, the transactions are stopped with the ATM card. The money cannot be withdrawal using that old ATM card. You must requests the bank again for providing a new ATM card. The State Bank of India (SBI) will take a maximum time of two weeks to give a new SBI ATM card. The card will be directly sent to the registered address of the account holder. The card is sent using the registered post to the customer.
Different methods for Blocking of SBI ATM Debit Card
The State Bank of India can block your ATM card in 7 different ways. As per the request, the SBI will block the card of the customer. The different methods of blocking of an SBI ATM card are mentioned below.
- Blocking of SBI ATM card by calling the customer care
- Blocking of SBI ATM card by making an SMS
- Blocking of SBI ATM card with an email
- Blocking of SBI ATM card with Internet Banking
- Blocking of SBI ATM card by using the Quick App
- Blocking of SBI ATM card by reporting in the Branch
- Blocking of SBI ATM card by using the SBI Anywhere Personal App
Blocking of SBI ATM card by calling the customer care
State Bank of India (SBI) customers have a facility of Customer Care services for the customers. The customer lost his/ her ATM card can soon make a call to the customer care service. The service is available for the customers for 24×7. The customer needs to call and request the operator for blocking of the ATM card. The call can be made from any mobile or landline. When you provide the required details that are required to block your ATM, then your ATM card will be blocked in about 2 minutes by the State Bank of India (SBI). You can make the request in two languages i.e. English and Hindi.
SBI is providing the customer care number to the customers. They are 1800 11 22 11 (Toll Free) and 1800 425 3800 (Toll Free). There is also another number for the customers to make a call to the customer care. It is 080 26599990 (Toll/ Chargeable).
If you lost the card and are unavailable in India, you can also block your card from where you are. You must follow few steps for blocking your SBI ATM using the number 0091 80 26599990.
- Make a call to the customer care number from your mobile or a landline number.
- Select a language as per your convenience. i.e. Hindi or English.
- You will be hearing an IVR voice. Listen to it carefully and select the number of the Debit card issue.
- You will be given few more IVR voices. Select the option for the Blocking of ATM number.
- Your call is directed to an executive.
- Provide the details to the executive that are asked by him/her.
- Your SBI ATM will be blocked after the confirmation of the details by the executive.
- You will be receiving a message for blocking of your ATM card.
Blocking of SBI ATM card by SMS
You must be connecting your mobile number to your account number for making using this option. You can only block your ATM card by making the use of the registered mobile number. Simply type the message to 5767676. You cannot block your ATM using any other mobile number. Your SMS will be charged Rs 5 per SMS. You must follow a prescribed manner to block your ATM card.
BLOCK<space>Last Four Digits of Your SBI ATM Card Number & send it to 567676 from your Registered Mobile Number.
You will be given an intimation with an SMS saying “YOUR ATM CARD IS BLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY”.
Blocking of SBI ATM using Internet Banking
- Visit the official website of SBI www.onlinesbi.com
- Select Personal Banking and Click on Login.
- Provide the Username and Password to make the loin.
- Search and click on the e-services option. Click on the ATM services.
- Click on BLOCK ATM CARD.
- You can see the SBI ATM cards that are attached to that account.
- Select the required card based on the last four digits show.
- Click on BLOCK ATM card. Provide the profile password of your account.
- You will be notified about the blocking of the ATM.
Blocking of SBI ATM Using Anywhere Personal APP
- Firstly, download the app on your mobile.
- Click on the button saying more to get all services.
- Select the SBI ATM Blocking
- Provide the SBI account number and registered mobile number.
- Enter the last digits of your ATM card.
- Enter the reason for the blocking of the card. (Stolen or missed)
- Write a remark if you wanted to.
- Verify the OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Click on block card.
- You will be successfully blocking your card using Internet Banking
Block SBI ATM card using SBI Quick APP
You need the internet connection over your mobile to only download the app. The facilities of the SBI Quick App are Block SBI ATM card and Switch On/ Off SBI ATM card.
Blocking of the SBI ATM card refers to permanent canceling of the card. Switching On/ Off the card is temporary. The user can on or off based on the requirement of the customer.
Steps for Blocking ATM using Quick App
- Download the app from the store.
- Select the ATM Cum Debit card.
- Select the ATM Blocking option.
- Enter the last four digits of ATM card. Click on block card.
- Verify the OTP for the registered number. Charges apply.
Steps for Switch On/ Off of the ATM card using Quick App
- Download the app from the store.
- Select Switch On/ Off option of ATM.
- Enter the last four digits of your ATM.
- Select the required channel as On or OFF.
- Click on proceed. Verify the OTP for the registered number.
- Charges apply.
- Your required channel will be processed as per your request.
Blocking of SBI ATM by using Email
This method will take more time to block your SBI ATM card. But it also works for blocking of the card. You must mail the details to an email address. The email address of the State Bank of India (SBI) is: Contactcentre@sbi.co.in or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide the name, account number, ATM number with this email mentioning for blocking of the ATM services to the account. Do not share any passwords or ATM PIN in the email. You will be given a reply after the ATM is blocked.
Blocking of SBI ATM using the branch of SBI
If you are unavailable or inconvenient to use the above methods, you can directly reach the executives at the bank to block your ATM. You need to fill an application form with the details or write a letter to the executive to block the ATM with the required details.